Hi and welcome back to the Chrissie Murphy Designs Blog. Today I thought I’d share some of my initial planning for the year and give you an idea of what to expect in 2022. I felt like a wind was behind me last year, moving me along, and I want to continue to embrace it this year.
I sent out a form with December’s Expressive Update. There was also a link to it via my Instagram bio. It’s purpose was to capture your thoughts on what we should do in 2022. I’m going to share the results of the form feedback here today, and fill you in on how it will shape the year ahead for us.
What do you want to see more and less of on social media?
When it came to social media, I asked what you wanted to see more and less of. I could go into the numbers here, but I won’t (did I mention my day job is as a Business Analyst…. So I really am all about the numbers!). I’ll spare you though, and give a short summary instead.
- You guys want to see more of other types of tangled tiles, Magnified Fragments and Journal spreads.
- You’d prefer to see less animated tangling.
- You didn’t really have an opinion about Expressive Truth and Stationery or Art Supply Posts
This is what you can expect in 2022.
What do you want to see more and less of on the blog?
When it came to the blog, I asked what you wanted to see more and less of. Here’s a short summary.
- You guys want to see more of other types of tangled tiles and Magnified Fragments.
- You’d prefer to see less Book Reviews and Artist Interviews (which is good because I haven’t done any of these for a while anyway…).
- And you didn’t really have an opinion about Journal Spreads or Stationery or Art Supply Reviews
And this is what to expect on the blog for 2022.
Next I asked for suggestions
I asked if there was anything you’d like to see me posting about on Instagram.
There were a few suggestions that I have been trying to implement.
1. Journal applying with tangling.
If you have signed up to my Expressive’s List (link below), you will have received January’s tangle and journal prompts! Did you catch it?? Yes, starting this year, I have combined tangling and journalling, and each journal prompt now contains a tangle prompt too. I shared the first of these on Insta recently. Check it out here.
I thought this was another great way we can grow ourselves creatively and expressively, and I’m pleased it aligns with your suggestions.
2. Videos! I love your tiles!
Thank you! You will also see I have been trying to incorporate more videos into my Instagram feed. This is an area I am hoping to develop further this year.
3. Art and Faith.
My faith underpins all I do including my art. It defines how I carry myself, how I see the creative process, how I treasure expression and how I determine the next steps I take. I will try to share more in this area this year.
Then I asked the same about the blog, but there was no suggestions for this area.
Lastly I declared some intentions
The last few questions on the form were about some intentions I have for the year ahead. Here’s what to expect in 2022.
- My main goal is to be certified as a Zentangle Teacher. Everything I do this year, is with this goal in mind.
- Once certified, I intend to start teaching. I am working on classes as I write this.
- I am also exploring merchandising and hope to be able to announce something more about this shortly.
- The Magnified Fragments Project (Part 1) will finish halfway through the year, and Part 2 of the Project will commence. I’m very excited about this!
- And there’ll be more work through Zentangle’s back catalogue of Project Packs.
So that’s what to expect in 2022
I thought that the feedback you gave me was refining. It will help shape the Home for Expressive’s into the place you want to see this year.
I also thought your message was loud and clear. You want to see tangling and journal spreads. Keep it simple Chrissie! You’re telling me that anything I can offer with these as a core, would be helpful.
You can be assured I will be doing my best to accommodate your feedback this year. I’d like to say a very big thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback on what you’d like to see this year. I’m grateful.
Want to be more Expressive?
Come and Zentangle and Journal with me!
When you sign up to the Expressive’s List you will receive an email each month that’s full of creatively inspiring stories and ideas. You’ll also receive a month’s worth of journal prompts that are designed to kickstart your creative expression.
I can help you to express yourself creatively if you’ve never really tried it before. Fill in your details below to sign up.
Until next time, listen to your heart and sharpen your coloured pencils. A masterpiece awaits!
Bless you my friend