Hi and welcome back to the Chrissie Murphy Designs Blog. This week’s Magnified Fragment is C7. So without further ado, let’s get into it and have a look at the enhancer we’ll be using. I’ve also included some ideas you might find helpful for this week.
This Week’s Magnified Fragment is C7
Here’s a quick sketch of what the fragment looks like as a reference for you.
This week’s Magnified Fragment Enhancer is to use a new medium
This week’s Magnified Fragment Enhancer is to use a new medium. I will be working with Ecolines. On Instagram last week, I eluded to a desire to explore Ecolines more deeply. I asked for ideas on how everyone uses them and was flooded with ideas. Check out the post here.
So this week, I’m taking the opportunity to use them as a new medium. I’ve never really used them for tangling, having only ever explored them for backgrounds.
Perhaps you’ve got something in your creative space that sounds like this. This is exciting way we can try some new techniques with our tangling. It may not be an official technique as such, but it will stretch us nevertheless.
Some ideas to help you with this week’s Magnified Fragment
I can’t really provide links to resources with this enhancer technique, but I can suggest some ideas to get your creative juices flowing…
- If you always add shading with coloured pencil, try using markers or paint etc and vice versa. If you go this route, make sure you use a kind you’ve never tried before (this is what I’m doing).
- Perhaps you tend to stick with traditional ink colours like black, browns and blues…. try using something completely different like purple or orange.
- Try tangling on a different sort of tile or card. What about a rock!
- Try shading with a different medium, give markers or charcoal a go. Just make sure it’s a kind you’ve never tried before.
- And lastly, why not try to not use ink at all and completely embrace a new tangle medium. Got some cheap coloured pencils buried in a drawer somewhere that you’ve never used? Dig them out and create a tile with them.
If you have any ideas for an enhancer, leave me a comment and we’ll feature them in upcoming fragments.
It’s never to late to join in, the more the merrier. Just tag your tile with #MagnifiedFragments and I’ll see it, share it and add it to our gallery.
Want to be more Expressive?
Come and Zentangle and Journal with me!
When you sign up to the Expressive’s List you will receive an email each month that’s full of creatively inspiring stories and ideas. You’ll also receive a month’s worth of journal prompts that are designed to kickstart your creative expression.
I can help you to express yourself creatively if you’ve never really tried it before. Fill in your details below to sign up.
Until next time, listen to your heart and sharpen your coloured pencils. A masterpiece awaits!
Bless you my friend